As a development specialist, I have come across many forms of Patriarchy. In Kiswahili, the word Patriarchy means “mfumo dume ” or male system. In the Southern Highlands of Tanzania where I now live and work, mfumo dume means much more than the ‘rule of men over women’. It is even more than the web ...
- Get to Know Our Fellows: Karina Aquino
- Courageous Conversations: In a Chaotic World of War, Conflict, Inequality and Disasters, Is Love the Answer?
- How Can We Remain Curious and Embrace the Inquisitive Nature of Our Inner Child?
- Women’s Aspirations & Ambitions — What is real and what is socially constructed?
- Courageous Conversations: How Do Women Immigrants Build Bridges As They Cross Borders?