Effective Date: September 3, 2022
The Girl Child & Her Long Walk to Freedom
A project of Imago Dei Fund
PO Box 170025
Boston, MA 02117
Information We Collect
We collect the following information in connection with the Services:
• Identity Data, including your name, username or similar identifier;
• Contact Data, including your country, your city, email address, and telephone number;
• Technical Data, including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Services;
• Profile Data, including your username and password, your Salesforce username, your profile photograph, your time zone, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses;
• Usage Data, including information about how you use the Services, including whether you are logged into the Services, the Services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), as well as whether you have started reading a chapter of a book on the Services;
• Content You Submit, including posts and comments, saved drafts, messages to other users, reports, and other communications;
• Other Information, including information you provide to us when you fill out forms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Certain data that we collect from you is necessary for you to create an account and use the Services, such as certain Identity Data, Contact Data, Technical Data, and Profile Data. The failure to provide this data will inhibit your ability to use the Services. The failure to provide other forms of data, such as Sensitive Data, will not inhibit your use of the Services.
How We Collect Your Information
You directly provide us with most of the information that we collect. We collect and process information when:
• You register with, or use, the Services;
• You voluntarily provide us with information, such as through email; and
• We automatically obtain it when you use, or your device uses, the Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information in the following ways:
• Providing, maintaining, developing, and improving the Services;
• Researching and developing new services;
• Contacting you regarding the Services;
• Improving your user experience;
• Helping us protect the Services, our network infrastructure, and our property and legal rights, and investigating illegal activities and violations of our policies;
• To comply with applicable laws;
• For other purposes, at your direction or with your consent.
Information Security & Retention
We have taken physical, electronic, and administrative measures to safeguard the information that we collect. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect against unauthorized access to, and improper use of, information that we collect through the Services. We cannot guarantee, however, the security of our databases or the databases of the service providers with which we may share such information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet.
We retain your information as long as we need it for business, tax, or legal purposes. After that, we will securely destroy your information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
How We Share Information
We may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to this information to carry out work for us. These service providers provide us with the following services: website hosting and management, application hosting and management, and analytics services. Their use of personal information will be subject to appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We may also share information as part of a business transaction. For instance, if we become involved in a merger, corporate transaction, or another situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
We may also disclose your information if we believe that disclosure is required by law, if we believe that disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of the Services or our users or partners.
We may share information about you with others if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
If you post or share information on the Services, the information that you post or share may be seen by others using the Services.
We do not sell any personal information.
When we share information, we use the safeguards implemented by Salesforce detailed at https://compliance.salesforce.com/en .
App Stores & External Websites
Your app store (e.g., Apple App Store or Google Play) may collect certain information in connection with your use of the Services, such as personal information, payment information, geolocational information, and other usage-based data. We have no control over the collection of such information by a third-party app store, and any such collection or use will be subject to that third party’s applicable privacy policies.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers incorporate a Do Not Track (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites with which the browser communicates that a visitor does not want to have their online activity tracked. If a digital service that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that digital service from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. As of the Effective Date, not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, we do not currently respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit allaboutdnt.com.
Information From Children
Our Services are not intended for, and are not directed to or designed to attract, children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect the information of children under the age of 18. Those who are less than 18 years old should not submit any information to us. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 18.
Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Services and its servers are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. The United States has not received a finding of “adequacy” under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Services, you hereby explicitly consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
EEA, UK, Swiss, and Kenyan Data Subjects
If you are in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom,
Legal Bases for Processing
If you are an individual in the EEA, we collect and process information about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EEA law. The applicable legal basis depends on the Services and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
• It is necessary to perform a contract with you;
• It satisfies a legitimate interest – which is not overridden by your data protection interest – such as our ability to operate, provide, improve, monitor, protect the safety and security of, provide support for, personalize features for, and promote the Services, to protect our legal rights and interests, and to prevent fraud;
• You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
• It is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right of Access. You have the right to know whether we process personal information concerning you, and, if we do process such information, to access the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to request that we correct your personal information when it is inaccurate or out of date.
- Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten). You have the right, under certain circumstances, to have your personal information erased. Your personal information can only be erased if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and we have no other legal ground for processing it.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to data portability, which requires us to provide personal information to you or another controller in a commonly used, machine readable format, but only where the processing of that information is based on (i) your consent; or (ii) the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
- Right to Object to Processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information at any time, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law, or to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests that override your rights and freedoms.
- Right to Decline Automated Decision Making. You have the right to not be subject to automated decision-making producing legal or significant effects on an individual, which we do not engage in.
Please note that if processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you have any complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact us so we can resolve the issue, where possible. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about any use of your information with the appropriate data protection authority.
The Girl Child & Her Long Walk to Freedom
A project of Imago Dei Fund
PO Box 170025
Boston, MA 02117